Then 7:30 pm I was scrubbing my blinds... 10 days before my due date. I felt a big contraction coming so I went to sit down. I sat down and noticed I was wet....very wet. My water broke! I yelled to Pete (who was not supposed to be home at the moment- it was a miracle he was) and we grabbed my hospital bag (that I had packed the night before because contractions were so strong) and ran out the door. I had a painless ride to the hospital fist pumping the whole way!
8:00- Get checked in...feeling great...no contractions...loving life.
8:10- THEY HIT- AND THEY HIT HARD! Non stop- never giving me a break to catch my breath... I'm throwing up...shaking...in more pain than I thought was possible.
9:30- Ask for my epidural... They say only if I've progressed to a 2...I'm a 4.5
9:45- I'm a 5...I get my epidural
10:00- I can relax...I call my sister to come hang out (thinking I have 12 more hours of labor)
10:45- She gets there
11:00- Nurse comes in to check me and announces that I'm a 10! "Don't push! I'll call the doctor"
Wait for the doctor for a hour...so annoying.....
12:00 am- start pushing....
still pushing....
still pushing...
1:24- Adaliah Joy is born. She was BEAUTIFUL! Black curly hair and dark eyes. I thought for sure she would be her daddy's girl.

3 comments:
i can't believe it all happened that fast! love the picture of her. too cute! happy birthday, adaliah!
I totally thought she would look just like Pete but she looks like your mini me!! She is beautiful!
Wow a year goes by so fast! She is just adorable I love the pictures and her arrival story. Hope you guys are doing well. We miss you guys:)
Post a Comment