Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Cupcake stand story

This week is "get ready for Adaliah's birthday party" week. I'm having way too much fun. Her birthday colors are zebra and hott pink.

Well I wanted to buy one of these- but they are $40..and I needed 2. I'm too cheep for that.


So I found out they make cardboard one's for only $8.....that's still $16... I'm too cheep for that.
So then I went to walmart and found in the 70% off valentine bin a hot pink one with hearts...so I bought it...and covered the hearts with zebra. $2.50. I'm not too cheep for that.

By the way...did you hear me say Adaliah's 1st birthday? What? She's almost a year?!?! Part of me is shocked that it came so fast, but the other part of me feels like she's going on two. Actually if you ask her she'll say 2 with her two fingers up. ( she picked this up from her two year old friend Savanah one day when they were over) Her communication skills in the last few days having been blowing me away! When did she turn into a toddler?!
She follows me around all day and talks to me.
Dali: "Mamma"
Me: Yeah?
Dali: Bubble!
Me: You want me to sing the bubble song?
Dali: Yeah!
or

"Mamma, up!" or "Mamma, stroller!" or "Mamma, juice" It's crazy! She's up to over 30 words. Her newest word is tickle. Yesterday while helping her put on her coat, she started tickling my neck and saying "tickle tickle tickle" It cracked me up! What a big girl!

And here is a sneak peak of her 1st year pictures....

3 comments:

Mary Ludwig said...

AAH. She is too cute! I LOVE your cupcake stand by the way! The Ludwigs have a white one that looks like that one if you need another one. I'm sure they would let you borrow it.

Pete and Bekah Ackerman said...

Oh thanks Mary! I got two of these though so I'm okay.

Brit said...

Cute first year pictures!