The Glamorous Life of a Mother : By Bekah Ackerman
A burn on my arm from lifting the crock pot.
Band-aid on my thumb from a knife that was dull,
Poop on my skirt from a diaper too full.
Mascara under my eyes from my afternoon cry,
I’m so hormonal and I don’t know why!
My purse has been replaced by an ugly diaper bag,
It’s so heavy that it makes my shoulders sag.
My hair is in a pony for the 3rd day straight,
It’s been pulled on an chewed- I’m sure it looks great.
No way I’m wearing heels while carrying a 20 pound baby,
There goes my last shot of feeling like a lady.
Should I take a quick mirror glance before I go?
Maybe it would be better if I didn’t know.
Grab my new lip gloss that I just bought
Run out the door…
man I fell HOTT!
5 comments:
Lol!! Bekah that was awesome! I loved it!
hahahaaaaaa!!!! bekah i LOVED this!!!! you have such a gift for writing clever, funny poems. you're a doll
and yes... we all feel that way. at least i do ;)
LOL! This is PERFECT! There is a reason we don't have a full size mirror on my house. :) Love ya. And you are HOTT!
Bekah, I'm so glad that you decided to write about your trials and funny things in life, because we all have them, we just try to pretend that everything is going perfectly. In fact, I look at your blog all the time and wish that I could be more like you. I wish I were spending more time with Andrea like you do with Dali and making beautiful crafts and actually updating my blog, and throwing Bridal showers for someone. You are amazing Bekah. I love you so much. I'm so glad that we are such good friends. This poem was so cute and so perfect for every mom. :-)
Post a Comment