Thursday, September 6, 2012

Elizabeth- 1 month

A few things about Elizabeth that I never want to forget....


1) Elizabeth is such a sweetie. When she was 4 days old I was talking to her and I SWEAR she smiled at me in response to my talking...
-On day 7 she did again...
-Day 9 she smiled at Adaliah
When I told my mom, she sounded doubtful.. babies don't usually smile until 4-6 weeks
but then she smiled at my mom and she became a believer.
Now she smiles at us all day long. Can you believe it? She started smiling at 4 days old.
We are yet to get the full gummy cuteness on film but here are our closest attempts.


2) I am madly in love with her crazy hair. She has SO MUCH and there haven't been any signs of it thinning out.  


3) We're still not sure what color her eyes are going to be. The have stayed a dark...grayish..blueish...brownish color. Okay- so they look different every day. I'm excited to see what color they turn out.

4) Elizabeth has a very shrill cry with some major volume. She also yells at us with a  "Rrraarr" or  a really high pitched scream. She gets pretty fussy and the two things that calm her down the most is bouncing (Pete and I hold her and bounce up and down on our exercise ball)and the colic hold that looks like this...


5) She's already a pretty good sleeper. This is her schedule right now that she is pretty consistent with
11:30- midnight: She goes to sleep for the night
5:00 am- wakes up to eat
8:30- wakes up for the day
then she only takes little 20 min cat naps all day  until around 3
3:00-7:00- She takes a long nap
7:00 pm- 11:30- Shes wide awake until bed

6) She had the hiccups a lot while I was pregnant and she still does. She probably gets the hiccups 4 or 5 times  a day.

We love our sweet little princess. She has brought so much joy into the home.  We eww and ahhh over every little face she makes, or noise she squeals out...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

are you kidding me!?! she is soooo sweet. you and pete sure make beautiful babies. we're coming to visit utah middle of october and i can't wait to meet her!!!!!!

Shantel said...

She is beautiful! It's amazing how tiny she is. I can't believe how quickly time goes by.