Wednesday, September 5, 2012

August

The first weekend of August my family had family reunion down at Zions. We obviously did not make the trip with our 1 week old baby but my amazing sister Karen made the trip and brought Adaliah with her.  Adaliah had so much with her cousins, Grams and Gramps, and of course her Aunt Karen. When Adaliah got home she gave me the highlights of the trip
1) "I got an owie on my knee!" (She fell off a log and milked it for all it was worth. I was told she was very dramatic about the accident and refused to walk for awhile after. haha...what a goof)
2) "I dumped water on Grams head!" I guess it was high 90's the entire time so the camp got creative on finding relief
 We were so grateful for Karen- she is the worlds best aunt. My girls are lucky to have her.


 August also brought some fun Daddy/Daughter dates including
$2 Tuesday at Thanksgiving Point Dinosaur Museum and a work party where Adaliah got to play with her friends and listen to a great live band Lady and Gent.


As for me- as soon as Elizabeth hit about 3 weeks, I was ready to get out of the house and enjoy my summer with my girls.



Waiting for Pete to get out of work- hanging out in the car for an hour





On Friday, August 24th while getting ready in the morning, Pete mentioned he had 50% off pass to Lagoon and jokingly suggested he ditch work and we spend the day at Lagoon..... 
So we did.
   
 
I was nervous about how the day would go with a two year old and a 3.5 week old...but I was up for the challenge. 

The day ended up being PERFECT! Adaliah was an angel and had a blast going on "games" (rides), Elizabeth slept for the entire time except for short eating breaks, Pete got to go on some of the new rides he wanted to try, and I got to walk around in the heat all day and not have ONE CONTRACTION. Amazing. 
We were there from 1-8...and loved every minute of it. I love my sweet family!




 My neighborhood also had a giant HOA party at the park. Blow up toys, cotton candy, and lots of friends. 






 Last, but not least, I had a visit from two of my favorite people, Kayla and Shantel. Kayla stopped by the night before she moved to Washington DC. I'm so sad to see her move across the United States, but so glad I got to meet her little guy before she left.  Look at these three sweet babies born in May, June, and July.


1 comment:

Shantel said...

August was a busy month! I can't believe it's almost October. I am so glad that Kayla and I were able to co e visit. I love those pictures.