Showers are always kinda awkward when you're the one being...."showered"- because it’s like…”Hey! Come to my shower and bring me a present!”I haven’t done that since my 5th birthday yeah know? And you feel so blessed and you can’t say thank you enough times to all the people that come and bring you stuff…geez….
Anyway- here are a few pics
As for me- I am as big as weather balloon and very tired all the time. Throughout my whole pregnancy people have been so nice….“hey you sit down and relax..you’re pregnant.” I’ve always felt guilty just relaxing because I really felt fine! But in the last week or so I have never felt so deserving of taking a seat and relaxing. We had a big young women’s dinner last Wednesday and I was there from 5:00-9:00 setting up, decorating, serving, and then taking down. I came home and I thought I was in labor. I was having tons of painful contractions over and over again. But don’t worry… the next day when I went to my check up I found out that I’m not ANYWHERE. Not even a stitch. So…whatever. Yesterday I had another long day of painful Braxton Hicks but I’m not getting excited. The baby will probably just take her sweet time just to drive me crazy.
Really I’m glad for these last 19 days…..19 more days to sleep relatively well. 19 more days to finish the Book of Mormon! I’m still trying to get it done before she comes…I just finished 3rd Nephi- I better hurry. 19 more days I have the option of just going out to a dinner and a movie with Pete. 19 more days to go to the temple! 19 more days of silence in my house… I should just be soaking these last few days up right?
Anyway- blah blah blah….I could go on and on. And I probably will…in my next post... so be ready.
Oh yeah- one more thing! Pete’s parents were so nice to give us some old dressers that had been hanging out in their garage. We washed them up, sanded them, painted them, changed the knobs, and brought them home….not to bad huh? Our cute baby has dressers now! All for under $30. The cheep-wad Ackerman’s have struck again! But not without the help of Pete’s parents and Karen (who helped me paint, sand and pick out knobs)
1 comment:
Cute dressers! I'm glad I just checked your blog because everyone has been asking if I have heard if you had your baby yet or not! Your absence on Sunday got everyone wondering! :) We're so excited for you guys!
Post a Comment