Colony Pointe had a fun Easter party at the park the weekend before Easter, with an Easter Egg hunt and lots of games and activities.
Kimberly Julian is single and back in Lehi. We go to the same Crossfit gym, and we try to do the Saturday WODS together. She came home with me after the workout and had breakfast with us, and even joined us at the park. My girls LOVE her. She is so sweet to them.
Real Easter fell on General Conference weekend. Saturday morning we watched the first session of Conference, then when to Mary's for an Armstrong family Easter party.
Afternoon session my Parents and Granny came over and watched it with us. Elizabeth has a special relationship with my Dad. I don't know what it is, but she just ADORES him. Last time we went to Manti she cried the entire way home "I want Gramps!" So it was sweet to see her grab a blanket and snuggle in on Gramps lap during conference.
Also- We had so much candy and treats at Mary's house. When we got home Adaliah said her tummy hurt. She went into her room to lay down. She came out 20 miniues later and said "Mom! I said a prayer that my tummy would feel better, and then it did!"
The next Sunday at Fast and Testimony meeting she got up there and bore this testimony.
"I want to bare my testimony. I know that Jesus loves us and that he answers prayers. One day I ate too much candy and I said a prayer that I would feel better, and I did. He loves all of us. And the church is true. In the name of Jesus Christ amen." She is such a sweetie. (But I did have a lot of people come and tell me I need to stop feeding her SO MUCH CANDY.)
The rest of the day was VERY EXCTING. After the second session, we headed up to South Jordan to Pete's family's Easter party. On our way there, somebody drove into our lane and hit the side of our van. We had to wait in the van for almost an hour for the police to come and to get the report filled out. Cecily and Spencer came and picked Adaliah, Norah, and I up while Elizabeth slept in the car and Pete worried about the not fun stuff.
Finally Pete and Elizabeth were done. They got to the house and Elizabeth and peed her pants while she was sleeping. Opps. But she did get to participate in the Easter hunt and we got one family picture in before she put her pj's on.
Next Norah had a GIANT blow out all over my white pants. Dana helped and let me barrow some of her yoga pants. Then Pete spilled Chili all over his new white shirt I just got him for his birthday.
Chris saved the day by letting Pete barrow a purple shirt to match his purple pants and tie he brought to where to the Priesthood Session.
We got to hear he prophets words, spend time with family, and celebrating the fact that Christ lives!! A scratched van, and some major wardrobe problems didn't prevent us from having a great Easter when all was said and done.









No comments:
Post a Comment