The first week of March I surprised Adaliah with a trip to Florida. I needed a break and desperately needed some girly time with my Roomie Katelyn. I knew I would get home sick if I went alone, so I brought Adaliah for some one on one time.
I didn't tell Adaliah until we got to the airport. We actually drove straight to the airport from my Aunt Nedra's funeral. It was a red eye flight, she was a little disoriented when we woke her up from the car ride at 11 pm and told her we were getting on an airplane.
While we waited to get on the plane I said "Adaliah! This is going to be so much fun! A trip with just me and you!! Are you excited?!" Her little eyes filled up with tears "Yes! I am" She said. I asked her why she was sad, and she burst out into tears "I wish we could go as an entire family! I'm going to miss Dad, and Zizzy, and Norah". I felt so bad. Her sweetheart melted mine.
She did great on the red eye flight. She was still exhausted when we got to Florida so I pushed her around on the luggage cart while we had breakfast and waited for a cab. We brought a bunch of Carson Courage cars to hide on our trip.
We took a cab to a bus station, and took a bus to Gainsville Florida to stay with my roommate Katelyn. She has been out in Florida for the last few years while her husband goes to medical school.
Adaliah got over missing her family pretty fast. We had SO MUCH fun together. She has been the big sister from the time she was 2. Sometimes I think I treat her like she's 10 because she's the oldest in the house and I expect a lot from her. This week was such a good reminder for me that she is still so LITTLE! We held hands everywhere we went. I carried her on my shoulders. We snuggled in the same bed and read stories every night. It was so good for the two of us.
Back at home my mom had Norah and Elizabeth for the first few days. It was so nice not to worry about them. I knew they were in good hands. My mom sent me these pics. She had bought them matching outfits and took them to a bird show.
On Thursday, we headed to DISNEYWORLD!!! We hit Animal Kindgdom and Epcot with Katelyn. Adaliah was JUST the perfect height to go on all of the big rides. She went on Mt. Everest (which is one of the scariest rides at the entire park) two times! I was so proud of her.
We got to see Micky, Mini, and Goofy just as the park was closing that night. It was such a fun perfect day. It was hard to say goodbye to Katelyn the next morning. She is one of those friends that makes you feel so loved and inspired. I can be myself around her, we laugh, we have a great time...there were differently tears when she left.














No comments:
Post a Comment