Sunday, September 21, 2014

August Highlights

Aug 21st- We had a great weekend trip to Ogden Sunday night to Monday to attend the Ogden temple open house. Bekah was so inspired to really prepare the girls and do some family night and scripture study about temples. The girls were so excited to go inside and see it. Ned and Kim were so accommodating and fed us dinner and breakfast and were great hosts. When we went to the temple the girls were very well behaved, especially Dali. She was very reverent. It was great to feel the spirit and see the girls experience it for the first time. The temple was beautiful. -Pete

I loved seeing our entire family in the celestial room. I told Pete that it will be another 20 years until we will all be in there together again- but what a great goal to strive for.



This August it rained A LOT. Summer rain storms are the best. It was hot outside and the warm rain would cool everything down and make our garden and flowers grow like crazy. One evening it was raining so hard that the streets and gutters were full after 10 mins. Adaliah and I ran outside in the rain and had a blast. 
A lot of the neighbors came out to enjoy the storm too. After the storm stopped, there was a  beautiful rainbow.



Another August day, we left to run errands and Zizzy and Norah feel fast asleep and it started to down poor again. I didn't want to wake up the girls and take them into the crazy rain storm so Adaliah and I shared a milk shake and hung out in the car while eating it and watching the storm.


When Pete went on his back packing trip, the girls and I went to the splash pad at Thanksgiving point and hung out all day there on Saturday.



One August morning I was stretching on the front lawn, in preparation for my morning run. This big black Ravin flew down and stood right next to me. It kinda scared me, so I started walking away and it started following me around the yard. I decided to go inside and he followed me up the stairs and waited on our front patio for awhile until Pete scared it away. WEIRD!



We made it down to the Sanpete County Fair this year. Kayla Hall was in town, and Tausha threw her a surprise 25th birthday party. After the party we watched the parade and went to the fair.





That night my parents watched the kids while Pete and I made it to the rodeo.  I don't think there is a more beautiful Rodeo view in the world. Manti is sure beautiful.

We also had lots of fun cousin time in August.



The Ackermans had a little camp out in Cache Valley. Zizzy and Norah came down with runny noses and coughs, so I stayed up and took care of sick kids- but Pete and Adaliah got to go and enjoy the fun. I was told by many that one of the highlights of the trip was when Pete put on his camouflage clothes and hid in the trees and played "find Uncle Pete" with all the cousins. 


No comments: