Sunday, January 23, 2011

And he's off....


Elder Ackerman gone for 2 years…. We are going to miss this guy! Adaliah will almost be 3 when he gets home! Scary thought. But we had the chance to go see him get set apart as an Elder. The spirit was so strong. The Stake President mentioned that it would take 3 conference centers to hold all the missionaries in the world. It gave me an amazing mental image. All of those young men and woman out serving the Lord…the Lord’s army. Amazing…. it made me want to go out and join them.

Speaking of ARMY…

Thursday was New Beginnings for our Young Woman. The theme was ARMY (A Righteous Mormon Youth). I was put in charge of decorations for the event, which was a little intimidating..but they turned out great I must say. It was a great night. Here are a few of my cute Miamaides.


The best part of the night was my wonderful friend Shantel and her husband were sweet enough to come watch Adaliah. And guess what…she didn’t freak out! It’s rare I get a good report from the babysitters . But she did great…yay!! Either she is growing up or Shantel just has the perfect touch. Or both! But it gave me a lot more confidence to leave her... hopefully there will be a lot more temple trips and date nights in the near future.

1 comment:

Tausha Marie said...

Yea! Dali is so cute and I think she looks so much more like her mom now. I love the picture of her laying in the middle of the floor. That's neat Shantel and David got to watch her for you. We love you guys. We need to get together soon.