Saturday, July 17, 2010

5 months

Dali is still such a happy, smiley, content, lovable, healthy baby. We feel so blessed! Here are a few things I don’t want to forget:

1st- Dali is sitting up!! She started at the beginning of July and she has been getting better and better at it. What a big girl! She will sit straight up for a few seconds then she starts to slouch over a little.. but she loves it.


2nd- Dali is big enough to do sit up things…this is so exciting to me. For example: Shopping Carts, High Chairs, Swings…






3rd-Dali Loves books- she’s pretty good at turning pages



4th- Dali grabs anything and everything out of my hand and off surfaces close by. I’ve learned I have to be careful!

5th- Dali loves the outdoors. If she’s fussy I’ll just take her outside and she calms right down. She loves to go swimming too. We’ll be out there for 1 or 2 hours and she is so content the whole time…what a sweetheart.

6th- She loves to gasp (Like inhaling), scream (a happy scream), and she’s starting to blow raspberries.

7th- We made up a song for Adaliah and she loves it. We sing it to her when she’s crying in the car- and every time without fail she stops crying right away so she can hear it. She smiles and giggles when we sing it to her when we’re playing…so cute.
8th- she can drink PowerAde right out of the bottle. Okay…not really…




Last of all…drum roll please….


She can do this…






Say what? Yeah. Pete keeps trying new things with her, and she keeps loving it. My sister Anne was walking with furniture at 6 ½ months and walking alone by 7. My mom said it was impossible to discipline a walking 7 month old baby getting into everything…


So I say…SLOW DOWN…be a baby for awhile Adaliah. But we love our girl! She brings so much joy into our home!! What did we ever do without our angel?!
ps- below is a "Catch-Up" post if your're interested ...

5 comments:

kim and ned said...

Oh...My...Gosh! I can't believe Dali is already standing up. She does need to slow down.

I'm impressed you erased your facebook account. I've honestly toyed with the idea for a couple of months, but just haven't had the courage to do it. I think you've inspired me. It's such a time sucker!!

Mary Ludwig said...

Holy CRAP! Dali is getting so cute!! And SO big!! Lol. She really is right behind lily. There actually is a good chance she will be walking before Lily does! That is SO CRAZY!
So in that first picture of her- wow...she looks like you. In the picture of her in the airplane swing- wow! She looks like Lily!
Man! I can't wait to see her!

Steven and Chelsea said...

I can't believe she's standing! You are going to be running after her pretty soon!

Shantel Elise said...

She is SO SO cute! I can't believe it. How fun. :) I love hearing all about her.

It sounds like you are doing well. I hope so! You are definitely going to have your hands full pretty soon! (As if they aren't already full right now!)

Tausha Marie said...

Being a mom is so awesome, I must agree. I don't know what we ever did without our girls. You're amazing Bekah. I'm so impressed with everything you've made and get done with your time.