My thoughts on being 21
I can legally drink! Yeah! …….hmmm… j/k
I finally feel like I’m at an age that people won’t be shocked when they know my age and see that I’m married….
I have to go in and get a new drivers license… it’s not going to be vertical anymore. I feel pretty cool about that.
I can book my own cruise now! I don’t have to have “an adult” help me.
When we first got married I was worried I would get pregnant and add to the teen pregnancy statistics…I’m two years clear of that now…phew…
I can go on a mission!!! No..but I like to think that if I wouldn’t have married Pete that’s what I would be doing right now.
Pete made me go through my closet and D.I most of the clothes I got my freshman and sophomore year of High School. For my birthday he took me shopping and I got some age appropriate clothes. I guess he didn’t think I should be dressing like my Miamaids anymore.
For my b-day we did four fun things! It was the best b-day ever.
1st- We had dinner with my BFF Katelyn and her husband Colton. Katelyn was my roommate at college and her husband actually served his mission with Pete in Argentina. Perfect right? Katelyn and I can catch up and talk about old college memories and Pete and Colton can make fun of us in Spanish all night. j/k No but Katelyn was so sweet to make us dinner and spoil me to pieces.
2nd- We went camping! It was so fun to camp with just the two of us. We roasted hot dogs, had s’mores, went for a hike, played games in our cozy little tent after it got dark…it was so fun.
3rd- Pete took me to breakfast on Monday morning. When I got there I found his parents and Cecily all waiting there to surprise me. It was so fun to spend the morning with family. Then at lunch Pete did all the grocery shopping and errands I’ve been needing to do- that in itself was the best birthday present ever.
4th- Last but not least we went to my very favorite place to eat...Tucanos. We are part of the birthday club so I got to eat free! Delicious!!
Thanks everyone for the calls and texts and for making me feel like the luckiest birthday girl in the world! Most of all- thanks Pete for spoiling me wrotten and being so sweet to me on my big day!
5 comments:
Happy Birthday! Your birthday sounds like the best ever! Especially the shopping for new clothes part. I felt the same way when I turned 21 now my next birthday I will be 24! It sure does fly by! Hey lets get together and get our nails done!
Duh...duh...Happy Birfday...
I totally agree! I was so worried I'd get pregnant when we were first married and I'd add to teenage pregnancy statistics! I'm glad you had a good birthday!
Happy happy Birthday Bekah!! Hope you had a wonderful day!:)
sorry i'm uber late, but HAPPY 21st BDAY! i'm glad you had a great one, that's so funny pete made you get rid of your "mia maid" clothing. i still wear little kid dresses!
Post a Comment