Sunday, January 25, 2009

Miss America

In July my friend Kayla Barclay was crowned Miss Utah. Kayla and I grew up as next door neighbors and she has been one of my greatest friends from as early as I can remember. I was so excited when she was crowned.


Pete and I had the chance to go to Vegas this week and watch her in the Miss America pageant. She did amazing!! She looked so beautiful and was flawless on her talent. She won the non-finalist talent award and we are so proud of her!

Kayla is such an amazing person. Not only is she beautiful and talented but she is so sincerely kind and such a good person. I've known her for 17 years and could not think of one bad thing to say about her. Even with all the pressure that comes from the pageant world- Kayla never compromised her standards and made sure everything in her Miss America wardrobe showed who she was inside. She was the only contestant we saw in a one-piece in the swimwear completion but she looked amazing!

We were so glad we were able to go and support her. She is such a great example to me and I am so honored to have her as a friend.

Check out this link. Somebody met Kayla at an airport and wrote this story about her. Kayla just shines, and it obvious to everyone she meets. We love you Kayla!
http://www.salesby5.com/tag/kayla-barclay/


This is me and Tausha and Des at the pageant.


Here is Pete and with our Miss Utah pins and signs!









1 comment:

Ashley Jackson said...

Looks like you guys have been having fun and keeping busy. Miss America looked like lots of fun. I read the article you attached about your friend. That is really neat, it's nice to have good examples like her out there:)