Thursday, November 6, 2008

My Dear Grandma Fox


My dear Grandma Mary Lillian Armstrong Fox slipped away in her sleep on October 28th at age 97 1/2. She was very alert and pretty healthy all the way until the day she left us. She was an amazing lady and I have looked up to her my entire life. I grew up with her just a few blocks down the street in Manti.

She was living in St. George at an assisted living center for the last two years of her life. Pete and I were lucky enough to see her many times in the last year because we lived so close in Cedar City. We actually got to see her just 3 weeks before during conference weekend. She held both of our hands very tight and told us she loved us very much over and over again. It was a perfect last memory of such a loving kind woman.

Her Funeral was held November 1st in Manti. It ended up being an amazing day having all my family together to celebrate the life of my Grandma. My sister Anne even got to fly in from Maryland! I hadn't seen her in over a year!

This is a picture of me and my 3 beautiful sisters at the luncheon. Left to right is Mary, Anne, Myself, and Karen.



Here is a picture of Pete and I with my sister Karen and her husband Jeffery.







My sister Anne has 3 adorable children. She was able to bring her youngest named Miriam. She is almost two!! Our whole family was so glad to have her at the funeral because she brought so much joy. She always had the cutest smile on her face and was so willing to give warm hugs. She was just what we needed.






And of course...she loved Pete. Are we surprised? Pete attracts kids like a magnet. He is so good with them and he loves them so much. It was so cute to see Miriam and Pete hang out all weekend.





On Sunday I was able to have most the family over at our apartment before Anne had to catch her flight back to Maryland. It was so good to be together as family..... I have such amazing siblings and in-laws.





Isn't she just too cute for words?! I already miss her!










5 comments:

Janelle Ehat said...

Bekah I'm so glad that you got to be with your family but I'm sorry it was under sad circumstances! Your Grandma was a sweet lady if ever there was one! Take care and let us know if we can do anything! (and thanks for your sweet comment on our blog too!)

Megan said...

Hey Bekah I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad that you got to see all your family though... Your niece is darling! Give Pete a BIG hug from Cory.

Karlee said...

Hey Bekah!! We haven't seen you both in a long time. :( Im sorry about your grandma. That's so sad. Your family seems really cool. Im glad you got to spend some time with them. So where are you guys living? Your not still in Cedar are you?

Ashley Jackson said...

Looks like lots of great family time. I'm sorry to hear about your grandma but she sounds like a neat lady and she lived a great life. Also looks like you guys had lots of Halloween fun. We will have to get together again some time it was fun to see you guys a couple weeks ago.

susan said...

Pass on our regets to your mom and dad. What a great lady, teacher, and Author, not to mention example. I'll always remember sleeping at her house and seeing all her books and having your dad tell us about her.