Tuesday, November 11, 2008

I did it!


So I ran a 5 k this Saturday for the first time! My sister Karen started running 5 k's last summer and she even ran a 10k this fall. She talked me into starting.....and I'm so glad she did! It was so much fun getting ready for the race, Karen would come over every week to run with me.
Then the day of the race came and I felt ready! I know it's only 3.1 miles....but it sure felt good to set a goal and then achieve it. She's trying to talk me into doing a 10k in the spring...we'll see.

Thanks Karen for your encouragement and support!

5 comments:

Megan said...

That is amazing! I HATE runnning so I am super impressed by anyone that does. Congrats! That is so awesome. :)

Unknown said...

aww I'm so proud. good job bekah you're amazing. I wish I had the determination like you. keep runnin!

Anonymous said...

Great job, Bekah! Zac wanted me to get the recipe from dinner the other night. I think I remember the ingredients, but I don't trust my memory much! :) You can leave it on my blog or e-mail me: sarah_e04@yahoo.com

Anonymous said...

PLEASE! I just realized how rude that last line sounded!!

Shauna said...

Stopping by to wish you a blessed and very Merry Christmas! ♥ Hugs :) Shauna