Last summer I was stuck in bed on bed-rest, and then stuck at home with a tiny new baby. I remember too many times wishing I could take Adaliah to the park and chase her around, push her on the swings, and go on picnics. So this summer I promised myself I would not take advantage of my good health. I really felt like we made the most of our summer. We got out and did something fun almost everyday. Swimming, splash pads, farm country at thanksgiving point, parks, gardens, picnics...
It was an amazing summer for everyone.
We took a family trip to Manti and then down to Cedar City (my two home away from homes) In Manti we hit all of the classic Sanpete spots. Pete took Adaliah golfing at palisades, we went bowling at sno cap lanes, ate at Roy's Pizza, went the the drive-in movie in Mt. Pleasant, and had a picnic in the mountains with my beloved Barclay girls. (I call them that even though neither one of them are Barclays any more)
In Cedar City we did some work on our little house and then enjoyed all Cedar has to offer. We went to the Aqua center there and swam, spent time at discovery park, and then Pete took Adaliah around the college campus and told Adaliah all the stories of how we met and fell in love.
Pete pointing out to Adaliah the place that we first met each other... it was a great trip.
This summer we grew our very first garden. We were a little clueless as to what we were doing- but for the most part it turned out great! We had tomatoes, zucchinis, bell peppers, cucumbers, watermelon, and cantaloupe.
This might be one of my favorite pictures of the summer. We were eating shish kabobs (my favorite dinner this summer- actually one of the only dinners I ever wanted in my 1st trimester) with fresh veggies from our garden. We were eating outside when it started to rain a nice warm summer rain. We ate in the rain and enjoyed every moment. Look at the double rainbow behind us. Amazing right?!
Pete worked so hard on our yard this summer. It looked great...and so did he...while working on it. ;) I like this picture of the horses...and Pete's calves...
Also this summer we got a new pet!! Pete brought this guy home one day from work. He found it at a garage sale. This is an animatronic dino that eats, blinks, makes dinosaur noises.... he's pretty great. The girls fell in love right away. Adaliah named him "grass leaf" (after his diet of course)
This August there was also a fairy party thrown by Grandmother for her 10 little grand-daughters. The girls had a blast.
I hosted Cecily's bridal shower! Pete's little sister...getting ready to tie the knot...
And that about sums up August!
3 comments:
GrassLeaf!!!! I love it. :) Your garden turned out great.
That picture of Pete showing Adaliah where you met is sure sweet. Fun trip!
Congratulations!! You guys have been so busy, and your girls are the cutest. So glad there will be another one :)
I seriously love that little dinosaur. How cute. I'm glad you guys had such a great summer.
Post a Comment