Sunday, April 21, 2013

Pete's big 3-0!

Pete is 30!! 



I was feeling very sentimental the weeks leading up to Pete's birthday. I wanted to write him some kind of letter that began to explain how grateful I was for him, and how lucky I felt to be his wife. Seriously every time I started my note I would get emotional. There are just not words. I knew I was lucky when I married him...but I had no way of comprehending how lucky I really was. This guy.... I cannot believe he is 30 and I cannot believe I get to spend an eternity more birthdays with him. 


 I wanted to do something extra special for his big 3-0, so I was racking my brain on what would be the most meaningful/ what he would enjoy the most. I thought about booking a weekend trip, I thought about just buying him something really nice...but when it came down to it, knowing Pete- I decided the thing he would enjoy the most is an excuse to get some of his friends and family together for food and a good time. 

I booked a clubhouse, hired a DJ for karaoke and dancing, and made dinner for the 40 people that came. We had a great assortment of Pete's college friends, ward friends, work friends, and family. It was a blast. 

We started the night with a dad relay race. The boys competed in a race to put on a tie, pack a diaper bag, change a diaper, and shoot the diaper into the trash can.  The winner of the night ended up being Pete's friend Trent who is not yet married. Gatta love it!
Next came karaoke - which we had the perfect crowd for. Seriously so funny. As we cleaned up- we broke out into a dance...we played some great hits from Pete's high school days. It was a great night of fun and laughs and a great way to enjoy all of the friends that have played a roll in Pete's 30 years.

Happy Birthday Pete!














2 comments:

Brittany said...

This was SO fun! We were glad to be there to join in.

The entertainment was SPecTaCUlaR!! :)
Happy Birthday Pete!

Shantel said...

This is so sweet! Happy Birthday to Pete.