Sunday, October 28, 2012

October- Week 2

Week 2 of October was a crazy one.
The Covey family I used to nanny for, called  and asked if we  could live at their house for a week and play Mom and Dad for their 5 kids. We have done it before, but not with 2 or our own. I thought about it- thinking how crazy it might be with a 2 month old...but something inside me was so excited to try it out. I love a good chanllenge. 7 kids....16,13,10,7,4,2 and a 2 mth old infant....getting kids off to school, soccer games, practices, homework, school projects, piano lessons, dinner, bed time... Monday-Friday
Bring it on.
The week went great. To be honest: I loved every moment of it. Adaliah was in heaven.  Her and Joe (the 4 year old) played day in and day out.
I think the reason I loved the week so much was because of the variety of needs and things going on. I loved watching the little ones play, but I also loved helping the older ones with homework, and then staying up late with the two oldest...making milk shakes and talking about what's going on in life. 

As much as a I love playing dolls and changing diapers all day...it was really fun to mix it up for a week.  (and make some $$ while doing it)

Meg -age 7 was such a good helper with Elizabeth
 That weekend, Pete and my Dad went for a back packing trip to San Rafael Swell.

Cool story: One year when my dad was hiking in this area- he found his Grandfathers name carved into the rock (Nov. 16.1886)  Jens Peter Hansen. Pretty amazing. Pete was able to see it- and hear some of the stories about my Great- Grandfather Peter.


After I left the Coveys on Friday- I stayed at my parents while Pete and my Dad were gone. Here is my favorite picture of the weekend. Great Granny and Elizabeth....




One more random thing: Adaliah drew this picture and brought it to me. She said it was a picture of her and her dad.
"Daddy is mad at me in this picture because I went potty in my panties"
Pretty good, right?

2 comments:

Shantel said...

I'm glad that you made it through that crazy week. I'm sure you did SO well.

Anonymous said...

soo cool about your dad's grandfathers name in the rock! and i lovvveee dali so much! "i went potty in my panties" hahha too cute.