Happy Birthday to the love of my life.
The big 2-9. Can you believe it? I'm going to be married to a 30 year old in just one year. Crazy.I've been thinking a lot about the evaluation of love. From the first day I met Pete- I KNEW he was going to be a big part of my life and I was excited about it. Excitement grew to infatuation. We hung out for the first time a few days after we met- and then we were together EVERY DAY after that. We would stay up late talking and talking and asking questions about each other. It seemed like there weren't enough hours in the day to see him. We eventually set a curfew and I was always mad when he would stick to it. (haha- such a great influence) I hated saying goodbye- and I couldn't wait until the next day to see him again.
Infatuation turned to Love. Pete I started talking about our futures and making plans to spend the rest of our life together.
I didn't think I could love anybody more than I did when I knelt across the alter from Pete. But I was VERY WRONG.
We spent the first two years of our marriage working out our differences and after every "fight" it seemed like our love grew stronger after the make up.
And then Adaliah was born. My love grew 100% stronger after the first time I watched him hold Adaliah like she was the most prized possession in the world.
Now I feel my heart grow with more love every time I watch him dance with Adaliah around the kitchen or even silly things like holding hands in the car while singing "who stole the cookie from the cookie jar" with Adaliah. I feel my love grow when he offers to change a diaper or when we are kneeling together in family prayer listening to the little human WE CREATED pray for us.
And we are only at the beginning of our journey. I can't imagine the kind of love that is in store for us.
Happy birthday Pete. I'm so glad I get to be the one that makes your birthday special every year for the rest of your life.

Feb 2010- the day we brought Adaliah home


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Pete! This was such a cute post. I loved it.
p.s. Bekah - it was great to catch up with you today. I can't wait for our carseat cover making party. (And my Baby Shower! You are such a great friend.)
Post a Comment