Saturday, July 2, 2011

The Youth

I LOVE the Youth programs of the church...

Have I mentioned this before?
I spent the 2nd week of June at YW's camp and the 3rd week at youth conference.
(Thanks to Susan, Karen, Pete and my Mother for making this possible and watching the girl)

While there....I got thinking.

When I was 11 (1999) my Dad was the Bishop of our ward so he let me come up to YW's camp for testimony meeting with him. I remember how amazing the spirit was...I was SO EXCITED to be in yw's the following year.

So 1999- 2005 I went to Yw's camp.
2006- I went as a Youth Leader
2007- I spent the entire summer working as an ESPECIALLY FOR YOUTH (EFY) Youth Councillor
2009-2010 I went to Camp and or Youth Conference with my Draper ward.
2011- Here I go again with my Lehi ward.

So- 12 out of the last 13 years of my life I have spent my summer being uplifted and spiritually fed by the youth of this church...I LOVE it. I EAT IT UP! The gospel is true ladies and gentleman. These programs are inspired programs made to help our youth get through this crazy world and set them on a path that will lead them to the blessings of the temple and eventually Eternal Life.

Okay- I'll step off my soap box... And now get ready for a pop quiz question...

What is the difference between a Beehive and Miamaid?


Answer: A few years....and a few feet...


Young woman's Camp

Youth Conference

The End

3 comments:

Shantel said...

The Youth really are amazing. I look at my younger siblings and am strengthened by their examples. I am glad that you had fun!

Anonymous said...

stop it! brianne allen is in your ward?? she was one of my students and i LOVED her! seriously one of my very faves! how fun for you! you'll have to tell her you know me and tell her i say hi :)

The Ackerman Family said...

How fun and crazy Bekah having girls camp and youth conference back to back! I bet those girls love you! I don't know how you juggle it all, but you do and you are amazing! I miss hanging out with you like last summer! Love ya!