I have been truly inspired and touched by the two Mary's in my life. Both have been faced with trials and opposition that would seem unbearable to most.
But both have faced their trials with faith and perseverance, and are still fighting for recovery.
1st- The family that I have been helping with for the last 2 years, has 5 children. The 2nd oldest is Mary- age 12. Mary is a beautiful, smart, caring, sweet girl. At the end of May- Mary was playing in a soccer game and announced to her team mates that she felt funny. She walked off the field and then suffered a full stroke. They rushed her to primary children's hospital. There were no answers to why she had this stroke- and no answers to if she would ever recover. Her entire left side would not work. Her mouth, body, arm, leg...everything. By the 2nd or 3rd day in the hospital Mary was ready to stop feeling sorry for herself and get to work. She started learning to write with her right hand (she was left handed). She worked hour after hour with the physical therapist trying to get some of her strength back.
I am happy to say that only 6 weeks later, Mary can walk with a brace and eat and talk again. She still has no movement in her arm- but I know there is hope.

She has been optimistic and determined though all her hardships. I have been truly touched and inspired.
2nd- My wonderful sister Mary. Mary has fought depression her entire life. After baby #2- the mixture of postpartum and her previous case of depression became unbearable. Mary spent most of June in the hospital trying to regain a desire to keep moving. I'm happy to announce that she is home now- with an attitude of hope and change.
Both of these sweet Mary's have helped give me a different perspective on life. Enjoy each moment and count your blessings. Enjoy laughter, smiles, and the motivation to start a new day. Enjoy running, dancing, and doing as you wish...but when trials come- don't give up hope. Fight.
Side Note: Because of my sisters condition: I have had the opportunity to spend lots of time with her two sweet children. Her 3mth old, Quinn, came and lived at our house for awhile. I was a little worried how Adaliah would do with the sudden change but to my surprise, she did great.
We all loved having his sweet little spirit in our home. Adaliah wanted to give him hugs and kisses all day long.
We also had a few days with Lily. It is so fun spending time with my sweet niece and nephew, but I'm happy they are home now with their loving Mom.
Your thoughts and prayers are appreciated as both of these Mary's are still fighting for full recovery.
2 comments:
You are blessing in the lives of both of these remarkable Marys! I know how much you care and your love and concern, as well as your ACTIONS and willingness to serve, are one of the things I love about you.
Life is so unexpected. Thanks for sharing about these strong-willed and amazing "Mary's".
I appreciate the sweet insight.
Post a Comment