Last Sunday was wonderful. We woke up and blasted church music through the house. We wrote in our journals and wrote letters to Pete's siblings on missions. Pete and I watched the spoken word while Adaliah took her morning nap. We all got ready for church and left early. We got 3rd row seats in sacrament. Adaliah played quietly while we listened to the speakers. The rest of our meetings went well and Adaliah was great.
We came home and cooked dinner while Adaliah napped. Then we went for a family walk around the neighbor hood and introduced ourselves to a neighbor we hadn't met.
That night we talked about how wonderful our Sabbath had been and how it was the perfect start to our week. We decided we would try to make it a goal to have all our Sundays like that.
Yeah...here I am writing this post during sacrament meeting...
Adaliah woke up cranky and sick. She wined and cried all morning long. She's been sneezing every few mins, and when she does she gets snot ALL over her face. Pete and I were running around whipping her nose before she whipped it all over the house.
I wasn't prepared for my young woman's lesson so I was trying to finish that all morning. Adaliah took a horrible morning nap...only 30 mins..and then woke up in a worse mood. Pete and I were cranky from listening to her cry. We got to church late and sat in the hard seats in the back. All Adaliah wanted to do is run to the front of the chapel and would scream bloody murder when we tried to stop her.
Pete spent the 1st half of the meeting in the hall way, and 30 seconds after he brought her back in she tripped and cut her lip open on the chair.
After stopping the blood I tried to put her to sleep because I knew she was EXHAUSTED and not feeling well , but she just screamed and screamed...
So I finally gave up and came home to put Adaliah down for a nap...sign
I only have 1 child....how do mothers do it?
2 comments:
Days like today make you really appreciate the days like last week! I think that's why we have them sometimes, so we can really, truly appreciate the good ones! :)
Bummer! Good thing there's always next Sunday.
Post a Comment