Sunday, July 26, 2015

Neon Canyon

I went on my VERY FIRST BACKPACKING TRIP. It's very sad that this was my first one. I think my dad has invited me a dozen times in my life, but I've always had an excuse not to go. My mother offered to watch the kids, so I had no excuse. It was TIME. Pete came as well. Boy, Hiking with the 2 men of my life....It really doesn't get any better then that.  

We went to Neon Canyon. 








We saw some indian pictographs, we walked through some water (Brrr), and then saw the beautiful neon slot canyon.









Highlights of the trip: My dad told me family history stories the entire car ride down, and the entire car ride home.  I learned a lot about my ancestors that I didn't know before. Also on the car ride my dad and Pete sang some Beach Boys  in harmony. That was memorable. The hike was fun, challenging, beautiful, good company...everything you want in a hike I guess!




No comments: