Saturday, June 22, 2013

Sister Trip

One day in April- Karen and I were talking about how bad we both needed a break from the every day grind. So we booked a trip that night... and a few weeks later we were on a plane to California.

We booked a compact car- but the man at the car rental place gave us a major free  up-grade after we told him "we didn't have plans yet- we were just here to have fun!".  It set the tone for our amazing weekend of bliss.

Pete, Grandmother, and Grams were so great to tag team the girls over the weekend. I sure missed them but I knew they were in good hands. The trip was so rejuvenating- spiritually and emotionally. It's crazy what a weekend of good talks, lots of laughs, a few tears, great food, and a LOT of sunshine can do for you. I came back ready to be a better mother and a better wife.







No comments: