At 7 am she came into our room and told us "it's not dark outside! It's morning!"
Pete got up with her, fed her breakfast, and changed her out of he night time pull-up into her underwear (Yes- day 5 of potty training and we have gone 2 entire days without a single accident!)
30 mins later I came out and she was so thrilled to see me "You happy mom? You want to watch a show with me?"
Pete worked in the yard while Adaliah and I snuggled and watched a show.
I started cleaning house and Adaliah went into her room to play with her toys.
I came back to find this-
"Mom! I have lots of friends!!" Such a sweetie. 10 mins later I came back to find all her stuffed animals were gone. I asked her where they went "They weren't being nice to me- they went to time out" Sure enough they were all thrown into the spare room where she usually has her time outs.
She picked out an outfit to wear for the day and pulled out 1/2 of the things in her drawer while doing it. After I had gotten ready for the day I walked into her room to find her VERY NEATLY folding every last thing she had pulled and putting it back in her drawer. I could have kissed her a million times.
We took Pete to work- and went to the store to choose a prize I had promised her if she filled up her potty chart.
We went to the store and she looked at all the toys one by one...we were probably there 45 mins. She had to try each toy out and decide it if was worthy of choosing. Then she found a wooden Cinderella with lots of magnetic clothes and without any hesitation she announced that she had found her prize and it was time to go home. Such a doll.
We came home and spent hours playing Cinderella dress up. Her favorite thing was to sort the clothes by color and put them away in her little wooden "closet".
After lunch Adaliah took a good nap (she even slept in her underwear and woke up dry!).
After her nap we played together in her room with toys and she played outside with Pete, all while telling us when she needed to use the bathroom.
Tonight we went appliance shopping and out to dinner. We got home and got her ready for bed.
Her prayer was especially sweet tonight "Bless the Chenny's, (our neighbors that just lost their 4 year old little boy) Bless Mama, Bless Grandmother, Bless I go potty on the toilet, thank you Sienna got better, thank you for blessings, thank you for food, thank you for Abby and friends..."
She gave me big tight hugs and kisses and then after helping Pete clean up her room she went to bed.
2 comments:
Dali is such a sweetheart! Love her to pieces. And I'm so happy that you are grateful and recognize those wonderful times. You are a great mom, and she is perfect for you.
Aww! What an angel. I'm so excited that I'll be able to see her sweet face all the time! It's so much fun to see her personality really coming out! It's good that you have this all documented too- for the days when it seems like someone kidnapped your angel and left a monster. :)
Love ya!
Post a Comment