Sunday, February 5, 2012

The story of the "Big News"

I'm trying to catch up on December so I can print my 2011 blog book. The last few months have been CRAZY and I haven't had a moment to sit down and journal/scrapbook... (or whatever you want to call this blog)

So lets start back in February 2011

Warning: a lot of information you might not want to know. There, you've been warned.

Back in February as Adaliah started sneaking up on her 1st birthday Pete and I were feeling more and more ready for baby #2. I always wanted my kids close. I loved having a year in Jr. High and High school with my older sister. I loved playing imagination together, reading books together, going on double dates, and all the other fun stuff that comes with a sibling close to your age. I wanted the same for Adaliah.

Adaliah took a little time to come so we decided to get a "head start" on our journey of trying. At first it wasn't too hard to handle the cramps and signs of a negative month after month, but as time kept ticking I will admit- I started to become discouraged.

Our trip to Hawaii for our 4 year anniversary was an amazing one- but it ended on another crampy negative note. I tried to keep my chin up as we entered November (month 10 of the journey).

November 13th came. It was a beautiful Sunday morning, the day of Cecilys mission homecoming. Adaliah woke up extremely early (6:30ish) and came into our bedroom. Pete picked her up and put her in bed with us and we all layed in silence trying to catch a few more Zzzz's.

Then Adaliah spoke. The first words out of her mouth that morning, "Mama has a baby in her tummy". Pete and I looked at each other with confused faces and asked Adaliah to repeat herself. "Mama has a baby in her tummy", she said again- as clear as day. Just to amuse myself I asked her if she had a brother or a sister that wanted to come to earth. Her response "both".

(in defence- I'm not having twins- but i do think it's safe to say she will someday have both a brother and a sister)

November 13th- this was only 2 weeks after we had returned from our trip- so anybody who knows anything about getting pregnant knows I was only days...maybe hours pregnant.

Well the day I was supposed to start came and left with no signs of the crampy negative. I was thrilled. I had just spent Thanksgiving at my parents house in Manti all weekend so the min I got home from our trip I ran and took a test. (Saturday night)

Negative. Very clear negative.

I cried. My hopes were high this time.

The next day was another beautiful Sabbath morning. (November 27th) While eating breakfast Adaliah randomly said it again. It was the first time she had mentioned it again. "Mama has a baby in her tummy!"

I sadly told her I didn't but maybe someday I would.

The next day (Monday) there was still no sign of the crampy negative. Thinking of Adaliahs sweet confidence I took another test. Positive. Shocked I took my last test to be sure....negative. I called Pete in a panic. When he got home for lunch I ran to the store and bought the most expensive pack of pregnancy tests I could find and came home.

Positive, Positive, Positive.

Adaliah had called it. It's so amazing how their sweet little spirits are still so close to the veil. It was a miracle to say the least.

Aug 4th is the big day. I'm 14 weeks pregnant. Pete and I couldn't be more thrilled.

5 comments:

Shantel said...

Bekah,
I am so happy for you and your little family. SO so happy. That story about Adaliah is amazing. Also, I can't believe how patient you were - and how cheerful you were the whole time. It means the world to me that you were so genuinely positive when we found out that we were having a baby, because I definitely had a hard time being happy for others while it was so hard for us. I think that you are wonderful and I am grateful for how good of a friend you are. Lets get together soon, eh?

Brittney said...

Yay! Congratulations!! I love that sweet story about Adaliah already knowing.

Just Mom said...

We are excited for a new little grandbaby. Adaliah is such a sweeetheart, and such a blessing to all of us.

Brittany said...

That story is sure something special. Beyond Special. We are very happy for you!!

Please let me know what I can do to help, if you need a rest...call me to watch Adaliah whenever.

Steven and Chelsea said...

Wow SO special!! I'm in tears. Thanks for sharing and CONGRATS!