Sunday, November 1, 2009

Being Pregnant

Warning… this is a long post about my feelings on being pregnant. Don’t feel obligated to read it.

1. I figured out that I have thrown up between 50-60 times in the last 4 months
2. My body is changing in weird ways and I know it will never be the same again
3. I can’t sit for longer than 20 mins without feeling like my tail bone is broken
4. I haven’t made it through the night without having to get up to use the bathroom for 4 months
5. I buy clothes now that I will “grow into”. I haven’t done that since the 6th grade… it’s not a great feeling
6.If I go without a nap during the day I am not the most pleasant person to be around

And the best part is….I’m in the “honeymoon period” right now- it’s only going to get more intense.

But guess what I decided….I LOVE being pregnant. I LOVE IT! I would go through it over and over again…..bring on the pain. I love knowing there is a special little spirit inside me growing. I LOVE feeling her move and kick. I love knowing that I am going to be her Mommy and I’m the ONLY person in the world that will have that title for this sweet little girl.

I’m also so lucky to have a husband that is as excited as I am. A husband that tells I’m beautiful when I need to hear it the most… when I’m feeling fat and nasty in everything I own. A husband that holds my hair back when I throw up and then gets me a glass of water. A husband that continually asks me “what can I do for you?”, even if it’s 2:00 in the morning. A husband that will kiss my tummy when I wake up to tell the baby good morning and tell her he can’t wait to meet her…

This all sounds so sappy I know…but my heart is so full and I had to share my feelings…

In cunclusion I dicided to share a cheesy poem I wrote a while back when I first could feel the baby move-

-In my tummy-
Why is it you move in my tummy?
Is it you laughing when daddy is funny?

Or do you move in excitement to meet me?
You’re primping and prepping so you’ll be ready to great me

Or maybe when I feel you wiggle
It’s you inside giving a giggle
Listening to mommy talk about you
Dreaming and planning of the things that you’ll do

Why is it you move in my tummy?
Do you jump with joy when I eat something yummy?

Or are you busy talking to people above?
You’re still learning about life from people we love.

Or maybe you just like it in there
You dance and play without a care
Whatever it is, sweet little one
I hope you’re having a lot of fun

The end

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is so cute. And SO true! Sorry you're so sick! But I agree with how much fun it all is. Maybe some day our kids can be friends :) Have you guys chosen a name yet? We are having a hard time with that part...

Aaron Ludwig said...

Oh Bek! (This is Mary by the way). This poem made me cry! I pretty much hated almost every second of being pregnant (until about the last 3 months)..but you made me kind of miss it! PS I LOVE the line "is it cause I ate something yummy?!" HAHAHA CUTE!! I can't wait to meet that special spirit inside of you either! She is going to be SO precious. She has WONDERFUL parents, aunts and uncles that adore her, and a cousin that is going to want to be her best friend! Love ya!

susan said...

We have a "poetess" along with a fabulous daughter! We are getting so excited for the advent. Keep writing these stories and feelings, you'll always be happy you did!

Unknown said...

Bekah you are too too cute. I love your poem! And your picture with pete is darling! I sure love ya and MISS you!!